Updated July 16, 2023
This Policy applies to information that customers, users and visitors such as property owners, contractors, participating municipalities, etc. provide to Paladin Power’sTM website, mobile applications, or any other Paladin PowerTM system (“Systems”). Please be aware that other third-party websites that you may access through Paladin PowerTM may also collect personally identifiable information about you. Our Policy does not cover those third-party websites, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies prior to providing them with your personal information.
If you do not agree with our Policy and practices, your choice is not to use Paladin Power’sTM Systems. By accessing or using our Systems, you agree to this Policy. Paladin PowerTM Systems are intended for U.S. residents 18 years of age and above. This Policy may change from time to time. Use of our Systems after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
HOW DOES PALADIN POWERTM COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Paladin PowerTM may collect and use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests for Paladin PowerTM financing and Paladin PowerTM information;
- Provide your information to third parties that you have authorized including financial, residential permits, commercial permits and other related activities to installing Paladin PowerTM products and services;
- Request for and verify contractor license information;
- Carry out contractual obligations entered between you and us;
- Further our marketing programs;
- Further our affiliates’ business purposes, and to market their products and services to you;
- Notify you about changes to our Systems or any products or services we offer through it;
- Further any other business purpose with your consent.
Certain information Paladin PowerTM collects and uses which pertains to you may be publicly available via government records, commercially available listings, and other widely available media (i.e. the Internet).
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
Paladin PowerTM collects several types of information from and about users of our Systems, including information by which you may be personally identified (such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or any other information defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law); and/or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details. Paladin PowerTM collects the personal information you provide when:
- You use our planning tools or apply for financing;
- You contact Paladin PowerTM with questions, concerns, complaints or questions;
- You participate in a promotion or online survey;
- You navigate through the Systems and such information is collected automatically. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and/or
- Third parties provide such information to us, for example, our business partners or contractors.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
Paladin PowerTM may also collect information about you from consumer reporting agencies. We may use this information to process and approve your financing application, to verify your identity, and to offer you products that may be of interest to you. We may receive information regarding you, your property, or your proposed or installed Eligible Products or other products, from others in order to process and approve your financing application.
MONITORING AND RECORDING TELEPHONE CALLS
Paladin PowerTM may monitor and/or record telephone calls for compliance, security, and customer service purposes. Please be aware that by calling Paladin PowerTM you consent to having your phone call monitored and/or recorded.
We use technology to:
- Gather technical information from your Web browser (IP address, operating systems);
- Set persistent cookies on your computer; and
- Use “action tags” or invisible tracking “gifs” on our systems (to collect information about your navigation throughout our Website and/or third-party websites and mobile applications).
WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- With Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing personal information transmitted to or from our Systems;
- By limiting access to your personal information to only those authorized parties that have a “need to know” or that you have authorized; and
- As otherwise provided in this Policy.
DOES PALADIN POWERTM SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Paladin PowerTM does NOT allow third-party advertisers to track your browsing activities on our Website for their own purposes. Paladin PowerTM may share your email or other contact information with third-party advertising and social media companies to provide you with information regarding Paladin PowerTM products and services which may be of interest to you. Paladin PowerTM also may share your personal information (including, but not limited to, your contact information):
- With parties involved in the financing process or your request for financing;
- With parties who service the contractual assessment;
- With parties that perform services on our behalf;
- With parties that install Eligible Improvements;
- With parties as authorized by you;
- As required by law.
Subject to applicable law, if you wish to opt out of Paladin PowerTM marketing communications and not have your information shared with third-party companies, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE STORED?
We maintain electronic and hard copy financing application information for funded/closed/withdrawn financing for a period of 7 years in accordance with federal and state laws.
WHO CAN YOU CONTACT FOR PRIVACY RELATED ISSUES?
If you have a question or want to comment about this Policy or our privacy practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Paladin PowerTM, Inc. ATTN: Privacy 2870 Whiptail Loop, Suite 104 Carlsbad, California 92010.
California Privacy Rights
Information We Collect
Paladin PowerTM collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, our website, mobile applications, or any other Paladin PowerTM system (“Systems”) have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information.
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope like:
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Paladin PowerTM obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete for our services.
- Indirectly from you. For example, you navigate through the Systems and such information is collected automatically. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third-party sources. For example, consumer reporting agencies to process and approve your financing application, to verify your identity, and to offer you products that may be of interest to you.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your personal information to request our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry and, if applicable, provide you the requested services.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Systems and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests and transactions and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Systems experience and to deliver content and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Websites.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Systems, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Systems and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Paladin Power’sTM assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Paladin PowerTM about our users is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Parties involved in the financing process.
- Parties who service the contractual assessment.
- Parties that perform services on Paladin Power’sTM behalf.
- Parties that install Eligible Improvements.
- Parties specifically authorized by you.
- Paladin Power’sTM financing partners and related agents and advisors.
- As required by law.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Paladin PowerTM has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business or commercial purpose:
Personal information categories.
Protected classification characteristics
Internet or other similar network activity.
Sales of Personal Information
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA, means scenarios in which Paladin PowerTM has shared personal information with our partners in exchange for valuable consideration. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Paladin PowerTM has sold your personal information to our financing partners and related agents and advisors. California consumers above the age of 16 have the right to opt out of these sales at any time. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16. Please contact us at email@example.com to make an opt-out request.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, you have the right to (1) request more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, sold and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of the sale of your personal information, if applicable, and (4) be free from discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA. You may make these requests by calling us at 800-808-8829 or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To opt out of sales, you can contact us at email@example.com. We will verify your request by having you provide your name, address and contact information. We will then request additional identification verification to confirm your identity. To designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, please contact us by calling 800-808-8829 or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then request additional verification to confirm your identity.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the privacy notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our website homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the privacy notice whenever you access the Systems or services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.